THE 36th NORTHEAST MARBLE MEET STARTS IN
The 36th Northeast Marble Meet is October 10th and 11th 2015. The Crowne Plaza in Cromwell CT. The Meet consists of a Marble Auction and a Marble Show, as well as room-hopping throughout the weekend.
The weekend schedule is:
- Thursday, October 8 - dealers and collectors begin to arrive
- All day Friday, October 9 - Room hopping (guest rooms)
- Saturday, October 10, 9am-12pm - Auction Viewing (Middlesex Room - 1st floor)
- Saturday, October 10 1pm-4pm - Marble Auction (Middlesex Room - 1st floor)
- All day Saturday, October 10 - Room hopping (guest rooms)
- Sunday, October 11, 7am-9am - Marble Show setup (exhibitors only in the Nutmeg Room - ground floor)
- Sunday, October 11, 9am-3pm - Marble Show (Nutmeg Room - ground floor)
On Saturday, October 10, there will be an auction of 250 lots of handmade, machine made and contemporary marbles, and related marble items. This will be a fully catalogued auction featuring Live, Internet and Absentee bidding. The catalogue will be available approximately August 15. A super opportunity to pick up some great marbles at good prices.
For more information on how to participate or consign, visit the link Marble Auction.
The Marble Show is held on Sunday, October 11. There are 44 exhibitor tables that will be filled by artists and dealers. There is always a wide selection of high-quality handmade and machine made marbles, contemporary marbles (including some artists selling their own work), and marble related items.
If you would like more information on the show, or you want to reserve a table, visit the link Marble Show.
You can see a list of exhibitors (artists and dealers) at the link Dealers. Dealers and collectors begin arriving on Thursday, with the majority arriving on Friday. The block of rooms for the show is located on the 2nd floor. Many dealers and collectors sell out of their hotel rooms, so if you see an open door, then the marble dealer/collector is welcoming you in.
For directions or to make a room reservation, visit the link Location.
For a history of the Northeast Marble Meet, visit the link History.
Photos of previous shows are at the link Photos.